I’ve been meaning to post this for a while. This is a reference check form that the co-worker who referred me to this job filled out.
Note: I didn’t know he had this in him. I think he was being too kind. I was hired.
1. How long have you professionally known him/her?
Over 3 years.
2. What was the working relationship?
We worked together at [Old company name].
3. What were his/her duties/responsibilities?
In charge of keeping up the right ratio of ethnic stereotypes and magic tricks.
4. How would you describe his/her personality?
5. How does he/she interact with others?
Usually makes fun of them.
6. How would you evaluate his/her communication skills?
Never talked to him. He refused to look at me.
7. How would you rate his/her technical skills? Why?
Doesn’t really know too much, but great at pretending.
8. Has he/she ever put in a situation where he/she had to deal with change? If so, how did he/she handle it?
He was asked to build a page once and had a nervous breakdown. He almost went postal at the office.
9. Was he/she able to meet deadlines?
He doesn’t really know what deadlines are. No one trusted him enough to actually give him any work.
10. Was he/she ever promoted?
Demoted 3 times. He also cleans the toilets now.
11. How would you describe his/her ability to set goals and priorities?
Not that great. His main goal in life is to meet Barney.
12. Can you comment on his/her ability to solve problems?
Very good. He is the 3 time Sudoku champion.
13. What sort of work do you think best suits his/her abilities?
14. If you were in the position to rehire him/her, would you?
Absolutely. You always need someone at the office to make fun off.
15. What are his/her overall strengths?
One of the best I have ever seen at demoralizing and making fun of people.
16. What are his/her weaknesses?
Too many to list at this point. I’ll start a blog.
17. If you were to advise his/her new boss, what advice would you give regarding him/her?
Don’t piss him off….